WEV’s Women’s Business Center (WBC) proudly offers the SET program, a 14-week course providing week-by-week training in the most important aspects of organizing, financing, marketing and managing a small business. Participants leave the course with a complete business plan to manage the business and/or apply for funding.
The course is offered in two tracks to best meet the needs of clients. SET is designed for clients that are not yet in business, and committed to launching their business within a year or clients with established businesses who are committed to stabilizing and growing the business over the next year.
The course is divided in to five sections:
|Feasibility and Marketing||3-6|
|Business Plan Writing||13-14|
The course is offered twice annually: February through May and August through December. Classes meet weekly for three hours, with two additional full-day Saturday workshops. Maximum class size is 25.
Fall 2019 Class Schedule:
|City||Class||Day of Week; Dates & Time||Instructor|
|Santa Barbara||SET||Wednesdays; February 19th – May 20th, 2020, 6:00-9:00pm||Natalija Glusac|
|Ventura||SET||Mondays; February 17th – May 18th, 2020, 6:00-9:00pm||Jeff Alkazian|
*Class acceptance will be determined on an individual basis.
The course is offered on a sliding scale based on your current household income, with a minimum payment of $300 and a maximum payment of $2,600.
- Must have email address
- Familiarity with Internet navigation
- Computer literacy, familiarity with using word processing software and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Attend a WEV information session.
- Once you complete the application materials, schedule an enrollment interview to submit your application and determine course acceptance with WEV Program Coordinator. All course prerequisites must be met prior to enrolling.
- Applications and course acceptance are on a first-come, first-served basis until each class fills. WEV cannot hold a space for those with incomplete applications.