WEV’s Women’s Business Center (WBC) proudly offers the SET program, a 14-week course providing week-by-week training in the most important aspects of organizing, financing, marketing and managing a small business. Participants leave the course with a complete business plan to manage the business and/or apply for funding.
The SET course is offered in two tracks to best meet the needs of clients. Track A is designed for clients that are not yet in business, and committed to launching their business within a year. Track B is most appropriate for clients with established businesses who are committed to stabilizing and growing the business over the next year.
The course is divided in to five sections:
|Feasibility and Marketing||3-6|
|Business Plan Writing||13-14|
The course is offered twice annually: February through May and August through December. Classes meet weekly for three hours, with two additional full-day Saturday workshops. Maximum class size is 25.
August 2017 Class Schedule:
|City||Class||Day of Week; Dates & Time||Instructor|
|Santa Barbara||Track A||Wednesdays; August 29th – December 5th, 2018 (excluding November 21st), 6:00-9:00pm||Natalija Glusac|
|Santa Barbara||Track B||Mondays; August 27th – December 3rd, 2018 (excluding November 19th), 6:00-9:00pm||Jeff Alkazian|
|Ventura||Track A||TBD; TBD, 6:00-9:00pm||TBD|
|Ventura||Track B||TBD; TBD, 6:00-9:00pm||Jeff Alkazian|
*Track placement will be discussed at orientation and class acceptance will be determined on an individual basis.
The course is offered on a sliding scale based on your current household income, with a minimum payment of $300 and a maximum payment of $2,600.
- Must have email address
- Familiarity with Internet navigation
- Computer literacy, familiarity with using word processing software and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Attend a WEV orientation.
- Once you complete the application materials, schedule an enrollment interview to submit your application and determine course acceptance with WEV Program Coordinator. All course prerequisites must be met prior to enrolling.
- Applications and course acceptance are on a first-come, first-served basis until each class fills. WEV cannot hold a space for those with incomplete applications.