Part-Time QuickBooks Coach (Bilingual English-Spanish)
Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women, seeks to hire a part-time, bilingual (English-Spanish), QuickBooks Coach. The bilingual QuickBooks Coach provides highly individualized coaching to a specific group of WEV’s Spanish-speaking small business clients, in order to help them develop their financial literacy, increase their financial confidence and decision-making, and ultimately become more resilient and successful as entrepreneurs. In addition, this individual may be utilized to provide support to clients needing assistance with disaster-related enquiries, such as assistance in completing funding application forms.
This position requires a solid understanding of business finance, a high level of interpersonal sensitivity and ProAdvisor status (or equivalent) in using QuickBooks Online and QuickBooks Desktop.
WEV’s client base is primarily in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties; however, a remote position may be considered. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
- Provide tailored one-on-one training and education for clients to properly utilize QuickBooks for their specific business
- Set up or clean up clients’ bookkeeping records in QuickBooks; tie records into previously filed IRS returns
- Help clients understand their breakeven point, provide support with budgeting and forecasting, including cash flow
- Assist clients with identifying and producing the correct financial reports for their business’ monthly/quarterly reporting and reconciliations
- Assist clients economically impacted by COVID/natural disasters with completion of SBA/grant application forms
- Help clients develop a dashboard featuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) tailored to their business
- Help clients identify potential financial challenges or red flags
- Record details of client meetings in WEV database
- Complete and submit required reporting accurately and on time (including biweekly timesheet, monthly expense return, monthly consulting hours record)
- Be available to provide monthly updates to program manager about client progress (may be more frequent at beginning of consulting phase)
- Participate in internal trainings relating to performance improvement, diversity & inclusion, best practice client service, etc. as required
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- QuickBooks Online/Desktop expertise (Pro-Advisor status preferred)
- 5+ years in small business finance, banking, micro-lending, accounting or related field
- Bilingual, fluent in written and spoken Spanish, and experience working with Hispanic bicultural communities
- Solid financial acumen; ability to clearly explain income statements, balance sheets and cash flow projections; aptitude in determining patterns/trends among sets of financial data
- Strong entrepreneurial outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in working one-on-one with clients
- Ability to explain accounting concepts with clarity and patience
- Highly motivated and dedicated to WEV’s mission, clients, and the achievement of strategic goals; experience in non-profit environment
- Personal, reliable auto-transportation and current auto insurance
- Willing and able to meet with clients in Santa Barbara and/or Ventura counties (Covid restrictions permitting)
Preferred: B.A. or M.A. in business, education, finance or related field. Small business experience may substitute for degree.
Note: due to State legislation compliance, Business Advisers are part-time employees of WEV, not independent contractors; California residents strongly preferred.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Hiring Manager. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.