Are you passionate about supporting women and minority-owned businesses? Come spend the summer with Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV)!
WEV (pronounced “weave”) is a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women. We are a purposeful, mission-driven organization with a passionate and engaged staff based in Santa Barbara and Ventura counties, whose primary focus is on supporting women-owned businesses and entrepreneurship.
WEV is seeking to hire one part-time (10-12 hours per week), temporary paid intern to support the creation of an internal staff branch in our client facing Learning Management System (LMS), as well as to support general instructional design and LMS administration. The 12-week period of the internship is from June to August 2022, exact dates TBD. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Create a branch in our Learning Management System with staff resources and training for the purposes of onboarding and professional development.
- Support Learning Solutions team with pilot course implementation as needed.
- Support Learning Solutions team with training internal staff on LMS use.
- Communicate with team members consistently and effectively.
- Attend team meetings as requested.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Education and/or experience with instructional design strongly preferred.
- Ability to work independently and meet deadlines.
- Interest and/or studies in women’s issues, microfinance, business, or social science.
- Fluent in English; Bilingual in Spanish preferred.
- Excellent EQ, listening, communication and time management skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and web-based databases; experience with Learning Management Systems preferred.
- Personal computer and telephone with reliable internet/cell service.
Undergraduate degree in social sciences or another related field of study preferred. Graduate students needing experience in applied instructional design are strongly encouraged to apply.
This is a paid internship at a rate of $17/hour with the opportunity to earn incentive bonuses based on the number of completed interviews.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Hiring Manager. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with instructional design. No phone calls, please.