Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women, seeks to hire a part-time Bilingual Instructor to teach introductory business planning classes virtually (during COVID restrictions). WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
- Participates in WEV onboarding/training as requested
- Becomes familiar with LivePlan software for teaching purposes
- Prepares for class using WEV-provided syllabus, slides and handouts
- Evaluates curriculum content and course effectiveness
- Maintains professional standards in online instruction
- Instructs LivePlan Introductory Business Planning course (two 2-hour class weekly) using WEV-provided class materials in Spanish
- Available to assist course participants by email, phone or Zoom, such as set office hours
- Refer course participants to WEV staff or other support services in the community for additional help Reviews and provides feedback on client work submitted by deadline
- Reviews and fills out business plan evaluation forms within two weeks of the end of class for all clients who submit a business plan
- Submits attendance to WEV staff the day after each class
- Attends weekly check-ins with WEV staff (meeting and/or email, as required)
- Recommends guest speakers/consultants to staff when appropriate
- Completes and submits biweekly timesheet
The Bilingual Instructor reports to WEV’s Learning Solutions Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Demonstrated facilitation and teaching skills (including via Zoom)
- Experience starting, managing and growing a small business
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Business consulting skills, particularly in small business management, finance, planning and analysis, or commercial lending
- Bilingual, fluent in written and spoken Spanish, and experience working with LatinX bicultural communities
- B.A. or M.A. in business, education, finance, marketing or related field.
Small business experience may substitute for degree.
Instructors are paid hourly, as WEV employees (not 1099); limited benefits may be available.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Director of Strategic Initiatives. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.