Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), a non-profit organization dedicated to cultivating the power within each woman to realize her dreams, achieve financial independence and succeed in business, seeks to hire a part-time (10-20 hrs/week depending on client load) QuickBooks & Financial Coach. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Recent natural and economic disasters have highlighted the need for small business owners to strengthen their financial understanding and literacy, in order to become more financially resilient and develop strategies for mitigating periods of financial uncertainty. WEV has placed improving financial literacy at the forefront of its programming. The QuickBooks & Financial Coach will provide highly individualized coaching to a specific group of WEV’s small business clients in order to help them develop their financial literacy, increase their financial confidence and decision-making, and ultimately become more resilient and successful as entrepreneurs. In addition, this individual may be utilized to provide support to clients needing assistance with COVID-related enquiries, such as assistance in completing funding application forms.
This position requires a solid understanding of business finance, and a high level of interpersonal sensitivity.
Position will initially be remote due to COVID-19 restrictions, and remote work may further be considered after restrictions are lifted.
Primary Responsibilities: This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative, rather than exhaustive.
- Provide tailored one-on-one training and education for clients to properly utilize QuickBooks for their specific business
- Set up or clean up clients’ bookkeeping records in QuickBooks; tie records into previously filed IRS returns
- Help clients understand their break-even point, provide support with budgeting and forecasting, including cash flow
- Assist clients with identifying and producing the correct financial reports for their business’ monthly/quarterly reporting and reconciliations
- Assist clients economically impacted by COVID with completion of SBA/PPP application forms
- Help clients develop a dashboard featuring Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) tailored to their business
- Help clients identify potential financial challenges or red flags
- Complete and submit required reporting accurately and on time (including biweekly timesheet, monthly expense return, monthly consulting hours record)
- Be available to provide monthly updates to program manager about client progress (may be more frequent at beginning of consulting phase)
Required Skills & Experience:
- QuickBooks Online/Desktop expertise (Pro-Advisor status preferred)
- 5+ years in small business finance, banking, micro-lending, accounting or related field
- Solid financial acumen; ability to clearly explain income statements, balance sheets and cash flow projections; aptitude in determining patterns/trends among sets of financial data
- Strong entrepreneurial outlook
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills in working one-on-one with clients
- Ability to explain accounting concepts with clarity and patience
- Highly motivated and dedicated to WEV’s mission, clients, and the achievement of strategic goals; experience in non-profit environment
Education: Four-year university degree required; (preferred) post-graduate degree or qualification in Finance, Accounting, or MBA, if undergraduate degree not in related area.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.