Program Officer – Small Business Advisory
Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women, seeks to hire a full-time Advisory Program Officer based in its Santa Barbara or Ventura office.
The Advisory Program Officer is a proactive, organized, and innovative individual who assists with the implementation and management of WEV’s Advisory programs. This position is an active member of the Client Services team, focused on creating a seamless client, advisor and volunteer experience, and strengthening programs through developing outstanding stakeholder relationships, and optimizing our processes.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
- Provides high quality customer service to ensure positive client, advisor and volunteer experiences.
- Conducts enrollment interviews and processes new advisory clients through enrollment and onboarding.
- Facilitates assignment of Business Advisors (BAs), Outside Consultants, and Entrepreneurial Coaches with clients, and coordinates initial meetings.
- Communicates with clients at their year-end to determine if they will re-enroll.
- Trains advisory clients on the use of advisory-specific software, VistaShare and GrowthWheel, and provides ongoing support.
- Provides ongoing GrowthWheel support for BAs to promote and support the value and ease of use of the platform for themselves and their clients.
- Supports Advisory Program Manager and BAs through regular communication by participating in all monthly BA calls, and collaborates to ensure programs run smoothly; works with PM to create agenda for monthly BA team calls.
- Supports Advisory Program development by creating, documenting, and implementing processes and best practices in collaboration with Advisory Program Manager, and BAs.
- Onboards and manages ongoing relationships with Outside Consultants and Entrepreneurial Coaches.
- Updates Loan Team on loan advisory clients.
- Works with PM to create Program update slides for Management and All Staff meetings.
- Works with Client Services Coordinator to update & edit Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) to align with program development.
Program Marketing & Outreach:
- Coordinates and implements outreach for Advisory workshops.
- Creates & distributes Advisory Monthly Newsletter.
- Works with PM & Marketing team on Advisory marketing projects and updates.
- Attends networking and outreach events.
- Oversee screening of volunteers, working with program managers to define key requirements and understand client needs.
- Regularly communicates with volunteer roster and staff to ensure awareness of programs and opportunities; obtains regular feedback from volunteers and clients and act upon information as appropriate.
- Updates and oversees management of volunteer pool, including creation and maintenance of onboarding training materials, ensuring volunteer database is up to date.
The Advisory Program Officer reports to WEV’s Advisory Program Manager.
Skills & Qualifications:
- Dedication to WEV’s mission and the advancement of WEV’s strategic plan
- Energetic and enthusiastic representative of WEV and its Advisory Services
- Past experience demonstrates capacity to work in highly organized manner both individually and in collaborative work settings
- Exhibits ability to take ownership, and exercise initiative and creativity
- Ability to develop procedures that improve efficiency
- Demonstrated skills in program outreach and client interface
- Excellent communication skills, including oral, written and presentation
- Demonstrated skills in using technology to improve operational efficiency
- Willingness to travel as necessary for regional outreach and meetings
- Availability to adjust schedule to work occasional evenings and weekends
- Functional proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint) and database usage
- Personal, reliable auto transportation and current auto insurance
- Past interest and exposure to small business development
- Experience with coordinating volunteers
- Knowledge of VistaShare, Asana, Teams, Zoom or other business platforms
Minimum: Associates degree or GED plus 2 years work experience
Preferred: BA/BS from four-year college
Lift and carry up to 25 lbs. without assistance.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Hiring Manager. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.