Microenterprise Research Intern
Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women, seeks to hire two part-time (10-12 hrs per week), temporary research interns to conduct qualitative research interviews with past WEV clients this summer (June 7 – August 29). The interns will work remotely, but local applicants are preferred. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Conduct qualitative telephone interviews with past WEV clients
- Enter client survey responses and update client information in WEV’s database
- Follow up with clients to clarify inconsistencies or incomplete responses
- Communicate with team members consistently and effectively
- Attend all team meetings throughout the course of the project
Qualifications and Experience:
- Previous experience conducting research interviews / surveys preferred
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and meet deadlines
- Interest and/or studies in women’s issues, microfinance, or social science
- Fluent in English; Bilingual in Spanish preferred
- Excellent EQ, listening, communication and time management skills
- Experience with Microsoft Office programs and web-based databases; experience with Ontraport preferred
- Flexible schedule to accommodate interviewing during non-business hours (evenings and weekends)
- Personal computer and telephone with reliable internet/cell service
The Microenterprise Research Intern reports to WEV’s Director of Impact.
Undergraduate degree in social science, economics or another related field of study preferred. Graduate students needing experience in qualitative research are strongly encouraged to apply.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Director of Impact. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.