Learning Solutions Manager
Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), a non-profit organization dedicated to creating an equitable and just society through the economic empowerment of women, seeks to hire a full-time Learning Solutions Manager. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position’s Purpose: WEV and the Women’s Business Center (WBC) has placed improving the quality and delivery of its programming at the top of its strategic priorities, and the primary purpose of the Learning Solutions Manager will be to oversee the implementation and success of this initiative, particularly the implementation of a Learning Management System. WEV and the WBC are committed to developing and delivering business trainings for both English and Spanish speakers.
The recent COVID-19 pandemic has emphasized the need for high-quality training to give business owners the skills and knowledge they need to recover revenue and strengthen their businesses in the face of ongoing economic uncertainty. At the same time, the physical impact of COVID-19 has meant that all such training must be available virtually online. On-demand programming will further increase the reach and availability of trainings to maximize the potential impact across this WBC’s region, and beyond.
The position will initially be remote due to COVID-19 restrictions, and remote work may further be considered after restrictions are lifted.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
Program Development and Management
- Drives the successful implementation of an expanded catalog of classes and learning opportunities (e.g. webinars, in-person/online training courses, coaching, etc.), in English and Spanish
- Drives the successful implementation of an online Learning Management System
- Ensures that all courses follow best practice adult instructional design protocols.
- Identifies key relevant subject matter areas and experts, and works with program managers to map out a timetable for program delivery.
- Works with the Director of Impact to evaluate course and program effectiveness on a regular basis, and recommends and implements curriculum /delivery method changes as needed.
- Works with WBC Director, grants team, and accounting staff for budget monitoring and progress toward program goals in accordance with funding parameters.
- As required, works with program managers to hire instructors/webinar presenters, and ensures instructors/presenters are adequately trained in online learning.
- Works with other program staff to ensure integration of back-end processes and systems with online learning, e.g. enrollment of new students, capturing intake data required by funders, etc.
Direct Client Services
- Meets periodically with clients to assess program impact and satisfaction and respond to concerns.
- Presents content and programming on an as-needed basis.
- Supports WEV’s strong service culture through ongoing customer contact, quality customer care, and superior program knowledge.
- Facilitates clients’ ongoing business education needs by providing referrals to WEV’s other consulting and training programs, loan program, or to other business development resources as appropriate.
The Learning Solutions Manager reports to the Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- 2 to 5 years relevant experience in curriculum, instructional design, and online course development
- Relevant experience in adult learning environment
- Relevant experience in implementing, maximizing and administering using a learning management system
- Highly motivated, energetic, in alignment with WEV’s mission, and dedicated to WEV’s clients, and the achievement of WEV’s strategic goals.
- Effective communication skills, concise and compelling writer, and comfortable working both one-on-one with clients, and giving group presentations.
- Ability to drive results through cooperation, collaboration, under minimal supervision, with strong attention to detail and accuracy.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in highly organized manner both individually and in collaborative work settings.
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders and co-workers of varying social and cultural backgrounds at all levels.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite/Office 365.
- Entrepreneurial mindset.
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Bilingual, with oral and written proficiency in English/Spanish
- Certification from Association of Talent Development
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Sit at a computer, typing for 60-80% of the time
Post-graduate degree or Certification in Education, Instructional Design, E-Learning or related field strongly preferred; four-year Bachelor’s degree in related field preferred, or evidence of equivalent professional experience acceptable.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Associate Director of Strategic Initiatives. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.