Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV) seeks a part-time Explore Program Instructor to teach the program three times a year.
The Explore Entrepreneurship Program is a 4-session course designed for those who are exploring the possibility of opening their own business and want to make an informed decision about their personal readiness. The course helps clarify and demystify several business concepts. Through small group discussions and hands-on activities, individuals will be able to get a better understanding of their own readiness and understanding of what is required when launching a business and if they are ready, both financially and emotionally, to take the next step. This position is part-time with an average of 25 hours per course; taught three times a year.
- Instructs Explore Training course (one 2-hour class weekly) using the Instructor’s Manual as a guide
- Reviews and provides feedback on client work
- Available to assist Explore participants by email, phone or in person, such as set office hours
- Refer clients to WEV staff or other support services in the community for additional help
Program Development and Implementation:
- Plans and prepares classroom activities using Instructor’s Manual
- Evaluates curriculum content and effectiveness
- Ensures attendance is properly completed by clients
- Completes email check-ins with staff once per week
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Demonstrated facilitation and teaching skills
- Experience starting, managing, and growing a small business
- Excellent listening and interpersonal skills
- Business consulting skills, particularly in small business management, finance, planning and analysis, or commercial lending.
- B.A. or M.A. preferred in business, education, finance, marketing, or related field. Small business experience may substitute for degree.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Program Manager. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with teaching and entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.