Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV) is seeking a full-time Bilingual Program Coordinator based in its Santa Barbara office. Position will initially be remote (within the WEV service area of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties) due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Position’s Purpose: An organized, relatable, and customer-driven individual who coordinates all aspects of the client experience in the Spanish programs. This position is an active member of the Program team, participating in collaborative planning processes to deliver impactful programs and services that target WEV and the Women’s Business Center’s (WBC) Spanish-speaking clients. By focusing on meeting clients where they are, this position ensures the entire program journey is effective and empowering from initial exposure, through enrollment and completion of services.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all-inclusive.
Outreach and Community-Building:
- Drive WEV’s Spanish Programs outreach efforts via new and existing networking and outreach to elevate engagement and increase client enrollment.
- Serve as a WEV ambassador in the community through active participation in community affairs to increase community awareness, cultivate community relationships, and strengthen WEV’s referral network.
Recruitment and Enrollment:
- Navigate clients toward the appropriate programs by understanding the program offering, investing in meeting each client where she is, and guiding the client through the enrollment process.
- Manage the program enrollment process to include thorough enrollment interviews, ensuring an excellent client experience from beginning to end.
- Provide high quality customer service to ensure positive client, volunteer, advisor, and instructor experiences through ongoing interaction and engagement.
- Proactively utilize constructive feedback from clients to improve the client experience, address any concerns, and quickly and effectively make changes to improve outcomes.
- Act as point of contact for clients during WEV’s training programs, demonstrating professionalism, empowerment, and confidence.
- Support the successful implementation of training programs through regular communication and collaboration with internal team members, instructors, and clients to meet the goal of delivering high-quality, empowering learning experiences to our clients.
- Collaborate with instructors and program team to submit enrollment documents and attendance records accurately and on time.
- Contribute to the planning and implementation of class schedules in coordination with clients, volunteers, and instructors.
- Gain familiarity with the WEV Learning Management System (LMS) and leverage its functions to streamline program coordination.
- Create and update Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to align with program development and ensure quality and accuracy.
- Provide front line office reception and management as back-up or in absence of the Program/Development Assistant (telephones, walk-ins, mail, supplies, equipment).
- Develop, foster, and maintain positive relationships with local business community experts to serve as volunteer speakers and consultants to ensure all contributors to the WEV brand are aligned with WEV’s vision, mission, and values.
- Recruit and schedule volunteers (guest speakers and consultants) for relevant and empowering training sessions and webinars.
- Provide follow-up feedback to volunteers to continuously improve WEV’s services and maximize the contribution of each volunteer.
Required Skills, Qualifications & Abilities:
- Education: 4- year university degree or relevant work experience equivalent
- Language: Bilingual with oral and written proficiency in English and Spanish (native Spanish speaker preferred)
- Skills, Abilities & Competencies:
- Excellent customer service or client relations skills, including: superb listening skills, problem-solving capability and conflict resolution skills.
- Outstanding service orientation, including constant practice of empathy and compassion.
- Demonstrated success in previous program outreach and client interaction, including engaging, reassuring, and inspiring others.
- Proven high level of resilience and steadiness, ability to remain calm and provide reassurance in high pressure and sometimes emotional situations.
- Effectively communicate with (orally and written) and make presentations in English and Spanish to diverse audiences including staff, the public, funders and volunteers.
- A proactive, pro-solutions professional dedicated to WEV’s mission.
- Demonstrated capacity to work in a highly organized manner both individually and collaboratively.
- Ability to develop procedures that improve efficiency and drive results.
- Availability to adjust schedule to work occasional evenings and weekends (substituting hours for regular workday hours)
- Personal, reliable auto transportation and current auto insurance
- Ability to travel for regional outreach and meetings as necessary
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Interest and exposure to small business, entrepreneurial environment.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams), Zoom, Asana.
- Constantly seeing, hearing, talking, listening, typing, using a computer
- Sitting or standing up to 80% of the work day
- Occasionally stooping, crawling, kneeling, walking
- Occasionally lift and carry up to 25 pounds without assistance
Salary depending on experience. Full benefits after 90-day introductory period including health, vision & dental insurance, Simple IRA match plan, vacation & sick days, life & disability insurance.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Training Program Manager. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.