Bilingual Marketing Coordinator
Women’s Economic Ventures (WEV), a non-profit organization dedicated to cultivating the power within each woman to realize her dreams, achieve financial independence and succeed in business, seeks to hire a full-time Bilingual Marketing Coordinator. WEV is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Position’s Purpose: WEV programs and services – including business training, loans, financial education, recovery advisors, technical assistance, social media and webinars – are delivered in both English and Spanish. The primary role of the Bilingual Marketing Coordinator is to support and enhance our Spanish language outreach efforts, raise awareness and increase participation in WEV and the Women’s Business Center (WBC) programs and services among primarily Spanish-speaking community members.
Position will initially be remote (within the WEV service area of Santa Barbara and Ventura counties) due to COVID-19 restrictions. Remote work may also be considered after restrictions are lifted. This is a newly created position at WEV.
This list of duties and responsibilities is illustrative only of the tasks performed by this position and is not all inclusive.
- Writing and translating effective, professional Spanish content for digital and traditional media as well as marketing collateral and other organization translations as needed
- Creating graphics for digital and traditional media as well as branded marketing collateral
- Working with the Marketing Manager to support communications for all WEV programs including business training and coaching, loans, financial literacy/education and recovery/resilience, and other business development resources; and collaborating with other WEV departments
- Monitoring WEV Google AdWords activity
- Researching opportunities and implementing pathways to raise awareness and increase participation in WEV’s programs and services among primarily Spanish-speaking community members
- Upholding WEV’s strong service culture through quality customer care and superior program knowledge
- Staffing and participating in local business and networking events to raise awareness, build and cultivate relationships with partner organizations
The Bilingual Marketing Coordinator reports to the Marketing Manager. Consults with CEO in absence of the Marketing Manager.
Required Skills & Qualifications:
- Bilingual (Spanish/English), ideally a native Spanish speaker, with excellent written and oral communication skills (English and Spanish writing samples will be required)
- Business marketing experience creating traditional and social media content including Google AdWords (SEO knowledge is a plus)
- Graphics/design capability (using Canva, Adobe InDesign or similar application) to create ads, brochures, digital media content, flyers, and other marketing collateral
- Aptitude with Microsoft Office Suite
- Highly motivated, energetic, alignment with WEV’s mission, and dedicated to WEV’s clients, and the achievement of WEV’s strategic goals
- Organized, attention to detail and accuracy, and ability to multi-task
- Positive attitude, creative and analytical mind, and strong work ethic
- Ability to establish and maintain professional relationships with external stakeholders and co-workers of varying social and cultural backgrounds
Desired Skills & Qualifications:
- Marketing analytics experience (social media, website)
- Understanding of media relations/journalism industry
- Photography and videography capabilities
- Community relations/event marketing knowledge
- Google AdWords certification
- Familiarity with the Santa Barbara and/or Ventura County professional/business community
- Lift and carry up to 25 pounds without assistance
- Sit at a computer, typing for 60-80% of the time
Minimum: Bachelor’s Degree or relevant work experience with writing/marketing/media/journalism/graphics background.
The job description does not constitute an employment agreement between the employer and employee and is subject to change by the employer as the needs of the employer and requirements of the job change.
To apply, click the button below. You will be asked to upload a resume and cover letter, which should be addressed to WEV’s Marketing Manager. In your cover letter, please describe any personal or professional experience with entrepreneurship, if applicable. No phone calls, please.