WEV’s Women’s Business Center (WBC) proudly offers the SET program, a 14-week course providing week-by-week training in the most important aspects of organizing, financing, marketing and managing a small business. Participants leave the course with a complete business plan to manage the business and/or apply for funding.
The SET course is offered in two tracks to best meet the needs of clients. Track A is designed for clients that are not yet in business, and committed to launching their business within a year. Track B is most appropriate for clients with established businesses who are committed to stabilizing and growing the business over the next year.
The course is divided in to five sections:
|Feasibility and Marketing||3-6|
|Business Plan Writing||13-14|
The course is offered twice annually: February through May and August through December. Classes meet weekly for three hours, with two additional full-day Saturday workshops. Maximum class size is 25.
Registration is open for classes beginning August 2017.
August 2017 Class Schedule:
|City||Class||Day of Week; Dates & Time||Instructor|
|Santa Barbara||Track A||Mondays; August 28th – Dec 4th, 2017 (excluding November 20th), 6:00-9:00pm||Natalija Glusac|
|Santa Barbara||Track B||Wednesdays; August 30th – Dec 6th, 2017 (excluding November 22nd), 6:00-9:00pm||Jeff Alkazian|
|Ventura||Track A||Mondays; August 28th – Dec 4th, 2017 (excluding November 20th), 6:00-9:00pm||Tracy Hudak|
|Ventura||Track B||Tuesdays; August 29th – Dec 5th, 2017 (excluding November 21st), 6:00-9:00pm||Jeff Alkazian|
*Track placement will be discussed at orientation and class acceptance will be determined on an individual basis.
The course is offered on a sliding scale based on your current household income, with a minimum payment of $300 and a maximum payment of $2,600.
- Must have email address
- Familiarity with Internet navigation
- Computer literacy, familiarity with using word processing software and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Attend a WEV orientation.
- Once you complete the application materials, schedule an enrollment interview to submit your application and determine course acceptance with WEV Program Coordinator. All course prerequisites must be met prior to enrolling.
- Applications and course acceptance are on a first-come, first-served basis until each class fills. WEV cannot hold a space for those with incomplete applications.