WEV’s Women’s Business Center (WBC) proudly offers the SET program, a 14-week course providing week-by-week training in the most important aspects of organizing, financing, marketing and managing a small business. Participants leave the course with a complete business plan to manage the business and/or apply for funding.
The SET course is offered in two tracks to best meet the needs of clients. Track A is designed for clients that are not yet in business, and committed to launching their business within a year. Track B is most appropriate for clients with established businesses who are committed to stabilizing and growing the business over the next year.
The course is divided in to five sections:
|Feasibility and Marketing||3-6|
|Business Plan Writing||13-14|
The course is offered twice annually: February through May and August through December. Classes meet weekly for three hours, with two additional full-day Saturday workshops. Maximum class size is 25.
Registration is closed for classes beginning in February 2017, and will open in mid-April for classes beginning August 2017.
February 2017 Class Schedule:
|City||Class||Day of Week; Dates & Time||Instructor|
|Santa Barbara||Track A||Mondays; February 13th – May 15th, 2017, 6:00-9:00pm||Natalija Glusac|
|Santa Barbara||Track B||Wednesdays; February 15th – May 17th, 2017, 6:00-9:00pm||Masen Yaffee|
|Ventura||Track A||Mondays; February 13th – May 15th, 2017, 6:00-9:00pm||Tracy Hudak|
|Ventura||Track B||Tuesdays; February 14th – May 16th, 2017, 6:00-9:00pm||Jeff Alkazian|
*Track placement will be discussed at orientation and class acceptance will be determined on an individual basis.
The course is offered on a sliding scale based on your current household income, with a minimum payment of $300 and a maximum payment of $2,600.
- Must have email address
- Familiarity with Internet navigation
- Computer literacy, familiarity with using word processing software and spreadsheets (i.e. Microsoft Word and Excel)
- Attend a WEV orientation.
- Once you complete the application materials, schedule an appointment to submit your application and determine course acceptance with WEV Program Coordinator. All course prerequisites must be met prior to enrolling.
- Applications and course acceptance are on a first-come, first-served basis until each class fills. WEV cannot hold a space for those with incomplete applications.